Wearing that interlocking NY logo feels good doesn’t it?
However, now that the papers are signed and these pups have had a chance to sniff around the house a bit, it’s time to get back to business and ask the big questions still on mind of Yankee fans [...or just me]:
1. Will Manny ever cease to be a topic of discussion during the off-season or near trade deadline? Seriously, let me know if that’s possible.
2. Will Boston give up their attempts to make bigger signings than us already? Even if we throw aside the whole debate about which team is better, it’s pure fact that our bank account is bigger and players, whether they admit it or not, all want to be Yankees.
3. Will the Yanks empty said bank account? With all this talk surrounding Manny and Teixeira [doubt either will be in NY anytime soon but w/e] I’m wondering if the Yankees have ever heard of a budget.. or the phrase “insufficient funds” for that matter. Then again, it must be pure joy to be able to sign checks with that many zeros on them.
4. Will the lineup have more than one guy under the age of 30 on Opening Day? I’m not sure, but this veteran situation seems oddly familiar… guess that whole youth movement died, and I’m thinking it’ll be buried if Leche gets shipped off.
And last, and most importantly…
5. Will CC wear a uniform that fits him? CC: You’re young, but not that young. Teenage boys can barely pull off the baggy look.